Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Here we go again.

So I bought four - 2"x12"x12' and a 2"x12"x10' board.    The 2"x12"x10' was cut in half.   Some Olympic redwood deck and weatherproofing stain was applied to the wood.   It was assembled with galvanized framing hardware.   In the end it came out to approximately 5'wide by 24' long.   This raised bed is actually surrounding my original four 4'x 4' plots and then some.


Photobucket


As you can see my old garden fell into disrepair and became overgrown.  The egg plant is the lone half dead plant in the picture.  If you try this yourself make a note that the 2"x12"x12' boards are over 50 pounds a piece.   Next thing for tomorrow will be to dig up the grass and weeds.  With a bed this size it will take appox. 120 cubic feet of topsoil to fill.  That will be 10-12 trips for my beat up pick up truck.  In the meantime I will figure out plumbing for the irrigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment